Thursday, September 5, 2013

If I Had to Bet on One Natural Resource Right Now (Chart) ...

If I had to bet on one natural resource right now, it would be the sun. Or rather, solar power as tracked through solar stocks. Look at this chart of the Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN) ...

(Updated chart)

You can see that TAN is breaking out to the upside.  It's about 40 days between bottoms, so this should have a ways to run in the short-term. Intermediate-term, my target is $44. I'd use a stop under $26.

What's fueling the move in solar?  Stories like this and this for starters.

if you're looking for individual names, Canadian Solar (CSIQ) and JA Solar (JASO) just gave buy-buy-buy signals. I haven't researched their fundamentals. If you buy ANYTHING because some guy on the Internet says it looks good without researching their fundamentals, well then, good luck, you beautiful bastard.

Seriously, do your own due diligence.

Meanwhile, oil is getting a bid from saber-rattling over Syria, while gold is giving us the pullback I was calling for (and here, earlier). Why is gold pulling back?  Because bluargh.  I mean, technical selling.  Keep your eye on Indian demand.  We know that China demand is shifting into higher gear. Many bullish forces are falling into place.

So, the pullback should be short-term. Choose your targets wisely ... pick your entries ... know your pain threshold in case you're wrong.

Oh, and did I mention I'm about to tour five junior gold and silver miners in Nevada?  That couldn't be happening at a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment